View job on Handshake
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Funding Circle had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a portfolio risk analyst/ data scientist to help create these leading risk models. You’ll help:
- Utilizing the most innovative data sources and modelling techniques to improve our existing models
- Conduct loss forecasting analysis for the internal portfolio; provide support to the interaction with internal finance, collection, capital market team and external investors
- Interact with multiple parts of the business, and multiple stakeholders to provide expert insight on portfolio risk assessment
- Work with credit strategy and customer analytical team to simulate the portfolio performance with proposed strategies
- You are incredibly analytical with strong analytical skills
- Experience in a risk analysis or model development, ideally from a company with cutting edge technology
- Familiar with SQL, R and Python
- Knowledge of financial analysis and machine learning methods
- A real team player, with the ability to work in a team (despite the current remote challenges!)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders across the business
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Work Hours
- Monthly Lifestyle subsidy
- Spring Health EAP
- Generous Parental Leave
- No cost Healthcare options
- PPO, HMO options available
- 401(k) Retirement Match- vests right away!
- Commuter Benefit, WFH subsidy
- Career Development Resources
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.
*Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $90,000 to $120,000 + equity + benefits
The health and safety of Funding Circle employees is our top priority. Therefore, as a condition of employment, Funding Circle requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based new hires beginning October 1, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable laws.