View job on Handshake
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
Corporate operations provide a wide range of services to the organization such as finance, internal audit, communications, security, enterprise risk management and human resources.
About the role
What you need to know:
Our ERM team is seeking a Senior Risk Analyst in Credit Risk Analytics. Based in New York, the successful candidate will be part of a selective group of credit quants and be actively involved in the team’s risk analytics and modeling activities. You will support the upkeep of the team’s production modeling processes with primary focus in Real Estate and Structured Products.
The scope of products covered spans all traditional capital markets credit instruments (corporate, sovereign, sub-sovereign/municipal bonds, bank loans and CDS, CLN, CLO’s, RMBS, CMBS, RML, CML, ABS, CDO) as well as business activities resulting in credit risk originating within the General Insurance and Global Capital Markets businesses. Reporting to the Director of Credit Risk Analytics, you will support the execution of the firm’s Credit Risk analytic processes, be actively involved in the team’s daily function providing analytic support for business needs and management decisions. Key stake holders include ERM’s Investment and Credit Risk Management teams, AIG Investments Portfolio Management team, General Insurance product underwriters, Finance, and Senior Corporate Leaders.
This is a great opportunity for an emerging talent who enjoys the challenge of working on a broad range of credit exposures and develop practical solutions working for a leading insurance company with major business activities throughout the world.
You are expected to have working-level understanding in financial economics and capital market and capable to perform common risk analytics independently with limited senior guidance. Strong desire to learn with good programming skill and comfort working with large data query is must.
Activities and responsibilities of the group include all aspects of credit risk analytics and model development and continuing risk management capability improvements, including:
- Develop and implement a capital attribution framework that allows consistent risk capital allocation from portfolio to single security level that is transparent and understandable to stake holders.
- Develop an early warning signal system and monitoring dashboard.
- Improve credit capital modeling capability to capture all firm’s credit exposures both from investment activities as well as insurance credit exposures.
- Develop stochastic scenario generators for key risk drivers for the firm’s structured products exposures.
- Provide analytic support to provide insights related to risk charges and return on risk for products and unusual transactions.
- Coordinate execution of stress test, reverse stress test, risk charge and other enterprise initiatives.
- Partner with infrastructure team for production implementation.
What we’re looking for
- Ph D in a quantitative field preferred though not necessary.
- 2+ years working experiences in the capital markets.
- Hands-on experiences with some of the following platforms are desirable but not necessary: Bloomberg, Polypath, Intex, Trepp/Compass/PPR major. Hands-on with database query is a must and comfortable with at least one major programming language, preferably including Python.
- Experience with econometric modeling a plus.
- Good understanding of statistics is essential.
- Good communicator, energetic, team player and capable of motivating and building consensus.