Karen Clark & Company seeks a Risk Analyst to join our consulting team. Risk Analysts help our clients to identify, quantify, and visualize the financial risk of natural catastrophes and climate change to better inform their risk management decisions.
Not only will you become part of the KCC team, but you will also have a role on the teams of our clients. Every day, you will communicate the results of detailed analyses, help establish clients with their RiskInsight® software environments, and work on a variety of other custom consulting projects.
Internally, you will work closely with several other departments within KCC. In tandem with the model development team, you will conduct thorough validation analyses of our cutting-edge catastrophe risk models, leveraging data analytics and statistical methods. At KCC, you will have a front row seat to the future of weather and catastrophes as our atmospheric science experts work to quantify the impacts of climate change. Alongside the software team, you will complete quality assurance reviews of new versions of RiskInsight® and help scope out new software features. Join the KCC team and have a hand in the future of both the insurance and catastrophe risk modeling industries.
· Foster and maintain client relationships through calls, emails, and work products
· Identify client needs and determine how best to accomplish their goals
· Represent KCC at conferences, industry events, media opportunities, client interactions, and other activities
· Direct the efforts of project teams and ensure the timely delivery of work products
· Work with our business development team to provide technical support both in pre-sales and onboarding initiatives
· Perform a wide range of advanced risk analyses to aid in client support and further the development of consulting and internal projects
· Communicate the outcome of risk analyses to clients through presentations, emails, and detailed reports
· Use client data and industry losses to perform model validation processes that enhance KCC’s latest catastrophe models
· Act as technical support for clients; aid in configuring their RiskInsight® environment and troubleshooting any issues that arise in collaboration with the software and IT teams
· Participate in product development and testing of new releases of RiskInsight® software
· Bachelor’s or master’s STEM degree – data science, economics, mathematics, actuarial sciences, engineering, or physics preferred
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Experience supporting multiple clients and projects simultaneously
· Familiarity with using data-intensive computer models
· Experience with Microsoft tools – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
· Strong interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills
· Experience in property insurance or catastrophe modeling industry a plus
. Experience in programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, and C# a plus