Ripple is growing and we’re looking for a Summer Intern to join our Institutional Markets team based in London.
The ideal candidate will be interested in technology, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and financial markets; and will have some relevant, analytical professional experience involving one or multiple of these fields, as well as some history of educational and professional success. An ideal candidate should have some experience in doing quantitative and qualitative analysis and leveraging that analysis into building data-driven presentations and dashboards. Proficiency in Excel is valued, and a statistical programming stack such as Python/NumPy/Pandas would be a plus; but most importantly, the candidate’s attitude, willingness and ability to learn will be prioritized.
This Summer Intern will support and work closely with a team of financial professionals on the Institutional Markets team, responsible for managing and expanding XRP liquidity and utility.
Ripple’s vision of an Internet of Value requires digital asset efficiency and a healthy crypto market, and robust liquidity is a core component of making that vision a reality.
We’re looking for a smart and adaptable junior professional who is looking for a high-impact role with a rapidly growing company at the intersection of finance and technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support Ripple’s ability to navigate the broader blockchain landscape and XRP Markets on topics such as liquidity, decentralized finance and market adoption
- Build robust analytics and craft clear, data-driven visualizations and presentations to help with market performance assessments for a variety of audiences, including Ripple’s external partners, customers, and our own senior leadership
- Learn about the digital asset markets, helping the team compose deep analysis of those markets to inform the company’s strategy and decision-making
- Work with internal teams in supporting the broader company’s efforts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 0 – 3 years experience in markets, finance, management consulting, or technology
- 1 – 3 years educational/professional experience in Excel. Also, Python/NumPy/Pandas or similar technology stacks is a plus (but not required)
- A basic understanding of trading markets: traditional, crypto or both
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Passion for fintech, markets, and Ripple’s vision of the Internet of Value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Experience with cloud computing and storage is a plus, preferably GCS
- BS/BA in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or another analytic discipline
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!