As a Retirement Benefit Analyst II for our dividend team you’ll work independently to analyze and process dividend calculations and transactions within established timing and quality standards. In this position, you’ll also assist in the management and review of participant data and dividend information.
Here are a few examples of the types of things you’ll do:
- Perform all complex dividend calculations for defined benefit contracts. Analyze net investment cells to ensure they are within established guidelines and determine appropriate adjustments.
- Review and approve all work completed by others, with emphasis on complex calculations.
- Assist dividend team members in analyzing and processing requests within established timing standards. Propose appropriate course of action and recognize financial impact of decisions. Properly document files/records for future reference.
- Provide positive mentoring to the training and development of team members. Provide technical expertise through problem solving, contributing to team meeting discussions and assisting in reference material updates. Share in-depth knowledge of dividend theory to advance overall development of dividend team members.
- Report and communicate problems and work with appropriate areas for resolution as needed. Identify and recommend the most effective system solutions, workflows and procedures for the maintenance and improvement of customer service.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
This position is also a phenomenal way to advance your career. As a growing company with over 16,000 employees around the world, Principal offers a lot of ways for you to learn more, earn more and achieve more.
- Bachelor degree with a major in an analytical field required or 1-2 years of work related experience preferred
- Strong mathematical, technical and analytical skills along with keen attention to detail
- Must be able to handle a heavy workload and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative
- Must have problem solving skills and be able to think outside the box for solutions
- Must be a team player and a positive influence in a team environment
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.