View job on Handshake
7 days ago
(7/19/2022 4:47 PM)
Job # 2022-36124 Category Clerical/Administrative Ent Seg RIS Bus Area Pension Pos Typ Regular Full-Time Remote Yes FLSA Non-Exempt
As a Retirement Benefit Analyst II you’ll work independently to analyze and process retirement calculations and transactions within established timing and quality standards. In this position, you’ll also assist in the management and review of participant data and retirement information.
Here are a few examples of the types of things you’ll do:
- Independently analyze internal and external customer requests, processing retirement calculations taking into consideration compliance requirements, client/legal documents, contractual restrictions, and tax considerations.
- Investigate and resolve calculation and transaction problems with limited support.
- Meet performance measurement standards to ensure calculations are timely and of high quality.
- Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with internal partners and collaborate to complete tasks and ensure delivery of services to customers.
- Share knowledge and experience with the team by being a mentor and resource to internal business partners and helping other team members develop.
- Provide support as needed in problem resolution, transaction processing and data management.
- Identify, analyze and assist in implementing process improvements.
This position is also a phenomenal way to advance your career. As a growing company with over 16,000 employees around the world, Principal offers a lot of ways for you to learn more, earn more and achieve more.
- Associates degree with a major in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Accounting, or the equivalent experience, and 4+ years of work-related experience preferred.
- Coding background or knowledge of spreadsheet and database or similar PC software packages, or the ability to learn Excel, Python, and SAS, is preferred.
- Strong mathematical, technical and analytical skills along with keen attention to detail.
- Strong decision making and organizational, mentoring, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to interpret plan/contract provisions and apply them to the calculation being requested.
- Ability to balance a heavy workload and ability to prioritize with frequent interruptions.
- Positive influence in a team environment and collaborate with your team.
- High integrity and discretion to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive client data.
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$36550 – $70800 / year
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag
Share on your newsfeed