Makers Market is searching for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, creative, and experienced Operations and Systems Manager to establish, execute, and maintain processes, controls, and systems for our four Bay Area stores and our digital platform.
This key leader will work directly with the CEO to operate, control, and grow the business across its physical and digital platforms. You will own the daily management of store operations processes, including purchasing, receiving, safety, security, inventory management, cycle counting, store cash controls, accounting processes/controls, IT systems, store procedures, and operations analytics. You will work directly with the CEO, the Area Sales Manager, Store Managers, store associates, marketing manager, and others to drive results and growth.
As for the future . . . . you will be challenged to grow into larger responsibilities as the brand grows and expands its digital presence and its store locations. You have the opportunity to grow into the District Manager position with a top retail brand.
You will partner with the CEO and the leadership team to:
· Execute the growth plan for the brand
· Develop and implement processes and analytics to understand, control, and improve operations of both the digital and physical platforms
· Manage, support and improve IT systems that support the business (Big Commerce, Square POS, Skulabs, Mailchimp)
· Prepare, analyze, and report the daily and monthly performance metrics of the business to the CEO
· Conduct daily operations:
- daily cash controls
- weekly cycle counts
- purchasing and receiving issue resolution
- inventory management and store transfers
- store damages
- eCommerce analysis and reporting; could include google analytics
- determine and document store procedures
· Work with key operations/IT providers (store security, internet providers, eCommerce developers) to ensure the stores are properly supported
· Potentially take the lead in all purchasing and selection of new makers.
· Could also play a role in marketing, if past experience in this area.
· Develop strategy and plan to move to new and improved e-commerce and other supporting IT platforms as the brand grows
· Ability to develop and implement creative solutions to improve the digital and physical platforms for the brand
· Passion for handmade products (Etsy, Renegade, Pinterest), the Maker Movement, Made in America, and an appreciation of good design
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail Management, Accounting, IT Systems, or Operations
· Very strong packaged application skills with a strong ability to troubleshoot, correct systems issues, and identify/implement improvements. Experience with several of these systems:
- Big Commerce (eCommerce
- Square (POS)
- Skulabs or similar inventory management system
- Security cameras and systems
- Barcode Price tag systems
- Light html
· Very strong Excel skills for data manipulation, analysis, and reporting
· Ability to work independently and efficiently in a virtual environment, using collaboration tools and techniques
· Entrepreneurial. Self-starter. Resourceful and excellent problem solver
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Reliable, dedicated, and loyal
· Can-do attitude, team player, and willing to do what is needed to make the business successful. We are a small business, so someone who is very flexible and is comfortable wearing many hats and doing what is needed would be a great fit. Continuous improvement mentality. Always looking for ways to improve the business