View job on Handshake
Title: Retail Market Operations Trainee
Department: Store Operations
Reports To: Region Operations Director
Our mission at Circle K is to make our customers’ lives a little easier every day. We are part of communities across North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, helping us grow into one of the world’s leading convenience and fuel retail businesses. Our parent company, Alimentation Couche-Tard (“Couche-Tard”), is a leader in the Canadian convenience store industry. Together, we are brightening journeys across more than 14,200 stores in 26 countries worldwide. We’re all about Growing Together.
Circle K’s College to Convenience Program (C2C) offers early career talent valuable work experience, mentorship from company thought leaders, and professional training across a variety of environments and business areas.
As a year-long development and training program designed for recent college graduates, C2C provides you with the resources you need to ignite your full potential and launch an accelerated career path at Circle K.
Success candidates will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles as a Market Manager after completing the C2C program.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Program
- Company Car
- Cell Phone/Plan
- Tuition Forgiveness/Reimbursement
- Accelerated career path (Market Manager in as little as nine months)
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental care, vision and a 401-K retirement plan
Job Summary – Retail Market Operations Trainee
As a Retail Market Operations Trainee in the C2C Program you will progress through four phases. The program kicks off with a live event where you and 30 like-minded college grads from across the country will travel to Charlotte, NC to participate in a leadership experience of a lifetime.
During Phase One, you will spend time getting acquainted with the support functions in your Business Unit like Marketing, HR, HSE, Fuel, Facilities, Finance and more.
What’s it like to work for a $50B convenience powerhouse? Your second phase is dedicated to answering that very question. You will gain a better understanding of the people and processes you will support in your role as Market Manager
Who better to teach you the ropes than one of our high-performing Market Managers? In Phase Three, you will shadow a high-performing Market Manager but expect more responsibility as you grow your skills.
Finally, it’s time for your first assignment as a certified Market Manager. Ordinarily we start you with a small territory and graduate you to a larger territory as you gain skills and confidence.
Job Summary– Market Manager
Market Managers oversee the operations of multiple stores within a region. Their primary responsibilities include recruiting and training store managers, optimizing the market’s revenue growth, setting regional goals and ensuring that the stores under their supervision adhere to company and industry regulations.
Market Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training and disciplining store managers
- Ensuring operational efficiency in each store
- Ensuring that marketing efforts are consistent across each store
- Setting regional goals such as sales estimates and revenue projections
- Ensuring that the stores under their supervision adhere to company and industry regulations
- Ensuring that all stores meet safety and cleanliness standards
- Managing a regional budget and ensuring that each store operates within the budget
- Monitoring each store’s P&L reports
- Addressing operational problems that arise
- Liaising between regional branches and company headquarters
- Ensuring that customer service levels are consistent across stores
- Making recommendations to senior management
Market Manager Requirements:
- Degree in business management or related field
- Quantitative aptitude or experience managing budgets
- Leadership and decision-making ability
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skill
- Retail experience is highly desirable
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical activity inventory of the position includes:
- Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer.
- Ability to be exposed to cold or warm temperature extremes performing occasional work in a walk-in cooler and/or freezer and outdoors
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist
- Ability to sit and drive in a vehicle for extended periods of time
- Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds
- Able to reach overhead for objects
- Ability to bend and twist at waist
- Ability to climb and descend a ladder
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working conditions inventory of the position includes:
- Work may include irregular hours, weekends and holidays
- Exposure to occasional cold temperatures from walk-in cooler and/or freezer
- Exposure to occasional noise
Job Description Acknowledgement:
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties, responsibilities, functions and qualifications required of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties and will be evaluated, in part, on performance of the tasks listed in this job description. As with all positions, the responsibilities and duties of this position may change. The Company reserves the right to revise this Job Description at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract for employment and either the incumbent or the Company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company’s use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: