What can you expect?
Client Support Services (CSS) is comprised of global service teams who are assigned to specific client (customer) accounts to handle claims and accounting matters arising under business placed on that client’s behalf. The Reinsurance Analyst is responsible for technical processing of premium and claims for specifically assigned client accounts ensuring strict compliance with Guy Carpenter’s operational guidelines.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong financial results to match
- A Department that is dedicated to being our clients’ trusted advisor: making a difference to our business partners’ operations, but also focused on our greatest resource…our colleagues
- A culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with other working groups within the company
- Competitive pay, full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution)
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sickness, company holidays and time to give back to your community
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
We will count on you to:
- Participate in training sessions and provide input within the team and/or department for all aspects of reinsurance service processing to assist with trouble shooting and to help develop team resources.
- Assist our current client teams to manage their assigned client portfolio. Duties to support client base will include follow up and securing of reinsurance premiums timely/accurate system entry of all assigned client activity.
- Work with other areas to support collection and cash application initiatives as required.
- Support the client and fiduciary teams in the management of settlement of funds to and from Client in a timely manner ensuring all applicable payment warranties and/or conditions are met
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed accurately and in accordance with Service Level Attributes (SLAs).
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with team members, Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand their issues and working practices in order to effectively resolve problems and/or queries.
- Support manager in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintaining strong working relationships and actively contributing to deliver outcomes
- Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Collaborate with peers on basic reinsurance developments, to support discussion and the development of a point of view
What you need to have:
- 4 Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions to problems efficiently
- Ability to make sound judgements independently while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of Management
- Able to engage and influence Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner
- Consistently deliver superior Client service
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Organizational Management, Accounting, Business or Finance
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC colleagues at all levels.
- Previous knowledge of reinsurance and/or insurance concepts is a plus.