View job on Handshake
Want to be a part of a real estate team that is making a difference in the communities they serve?
Atlantic | Pacific Companies (A|P) is a real estate industry leader, with a growing and diverse portfolio of properties throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, the Mid-Atlantic, and Southern California.
At Atlantic | Pacific Communities, we enjoy working smart and hard, the best ideas win, and your contribution to our team’s performance is the only constraint to your growth. We mentor our Associates, give them as much responsibility as they can handle, and award autonomy and career growth as merited. A|P strives to bring out the best in our people and empowers them to bring out the best in the communities we serve.
Using research and analytical skills, the Associate will support the Applications and Acquisitions teams in thorough research and preparation of funding applications to federal, state, and local governments. Any prior knowledge of and experience with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and/or HUD programs is incredibly useful.
Location: Midtown Miami
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research, analyze and interpret Qualified Allocation Plans and federal, state and local government affordable housing program rules, regulations and instructions.
- Assist with preparation and submittal of loan and grant applications to federal, state and local government finance and procurement agencies in a timely manner.
- Search for development opportunities using search engines for Request for Qualifications and Request for Proposals, conduct preliminary due diligence, analyze the opportunity, abstract the application, assist and assemble the response for submission in a timely manner.
- Assist in research and data collection, and updating records for mapping projects using Google Earth, Google Maps.
- Facilitate an efficient proposal/application production process.
- Assist the team with underwriting, financial closing, and stabilization of properties.
- Maintain pertinent paper and electronic files and records by naming conventions, ensuring complete, accurate, and organized files.
- Attend meetings and workshops as necessary.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Real Estate or a related field.
- High proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines and occasional travel (with overnight) required.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, ArcGIS and/or Google Earth a plus.
- Experience with state or federal housing programs, particularly the LIHTC program under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code is a strong plus.
- Grant writing or marketing experience a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Employer-Provided Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-Off/Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts Program
Company Website: www.apcompanies.com
Atlantic Pacific Companies is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.