San Francisco Bay Area, California
Rondo Energy is deploying high performance, low-cost, zero carbon heat batteries to enable greater penetration of renewable energy and to decarbonize industrial processes. The Rondo Heat Batteries (RHBs) provide high temperature, continuous heat charged from intermittent power safely, reliably and at a cost point that is lower than any other method.
We have an immediate opening for a Research Technician to support technology development and the leadership to deploy Rondo Heat Batteries on a massive scale.
In this role, you will assist the Technology Group to perform in-depth research on a wide variety of topics and technical areas, perform hands-on experiments, measurements, data analysis and building tooling and systems, and support the leadership team in communications, document preparation and other tasks.
· Be a hands-on researcher and experimentalist: run experiments, take measurements, assist assembly and testing of original equipment.
· Test material properties (physical, mechanical, chemical, other).
· Perform research using existing literature, technical data sheets and supplier information.
· Work with outside vendors to arrange for property measurements and testing.
· Support manufacturing processes.
· Prepare PowerPoint and other documents to report research findings.
· Write procedures and reports.
· Maintain laboratory and office space in safe and orderly condition and follow safety protocol.
· A BS degree or significant coursework/lab work in chemistry, materials science and engineering, materials chemistry, engineering or a related field is desired.
· Knowledge and/or coursework in material properties, durability characteristics and testing standards is a plus.
· Hands-on experience with safely running experiments, taking lab notes and reporting information.
· Proficiency with MS Excel and data manipulation.
· Hands-on approach to problem solving.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team with remote supervision to complete projects on schedule.
· Able to work in a team environment.
· Experience using common shop tools to fabricate simple parts, ability to use heavy equipment such as fork lifts, scissor lifts and pallet jacks, are a plus.
The position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. The role may require travel up to 10% to support testing.
Benefit Offerings for full-time employees:
• Medical, 100% of premium covered for employee and immediate family
• Dental, 75% of premium covered
• Vision, 75% of premium covered
• Life Insurance and ADD, 100% of premium covered
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Flexible time off policy
• 401(k) plan with company match
Rondo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO).