View job on Handshake
A full-time Research Technician position is available at the A.A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging of the Massachusetts General Hospital. The focus of our laboratory is to understand how normal structure-function relationships are altered as part of the neurodegenerative process in diseases like Alzheimer’s. To investigate this, our laboratory utilizes high field MRI and a multimodal imaging acquisition approach, together with extensive clinical and cognitive assessments of patients. Duties will include all aspects of support for conducting research studies. This includes, but is not limited to, acquisition and analysis of biological, imaging (physiology, EEG, positron emission tomography (PET)), functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), and high-resolution morphometric data acquired at high field (3T) and ultra-high field (7T)). Data is acquired from healthy individuals as well as patients with neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s disease. Additional responsibilities include assistance with research visits including interactions with research participants, management and organization of data for the study, procedural documentation, and the development of standard operating procedures.
The responsibilities of the Research Technician are varied. The individual in this position may be required to assist with all aspects of laboratory function including, but not limited to:
· All phases of human neuroimaging research including the collection, management, and analysis of multiple modes of imaging
· Processing behavioral data and functional and structural MRI data
· Subject recruitment, screening, scheduling, and consenting
· Maintenance of well-organized records and reports
· Database entry, maintenance, and queries
· QA/QC data checks
· Producing reports and generating abstracts, figures and manuscripts for publication
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: This section should be a bulleted list of minimum requirements explaining the skills (what the individual is trained for) and competencies (measurable as defined by the job) necessary to perform the job.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records
· Strong research and written and oral English communication skills
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a teamProficiency in statistics and programs such as SPSS are especially desirable.
· The ideal candidate would have prior experience with MATLAB and UNIX/LINUX and be comfortable with learning to use image processing software.
· The position requires high level technical and analytical skills and the ability to manage data software systems and large datasets.
· Candidates must be organized with attention to detail and be able to work with complex clinical populations.