Peraton Labs is looking for an experienced software engineer with strong programming skills to help build, refactor, and enhance systems implementing distributed operations. The successful candidate will have a track record of working effectively in teams, proactively identifying issues and independently solving problems. The candidate will have demonstrably good communication skills that facilitate collaboration on large systems development efforts. Projects within the lab will typically involve technologies such as microservices, container-based orchestration, cyber security, virtualization, HTTPS/TCP/IP networking and operating system internals, thus experience with some or all of these would be a significant plus.
- Degree in Computer Science, ECE, or a related field
- Ability to solve problems designing and implementing complex systems independently
- Strong system skills (Linux, Windows, shell scripting, VM technologies)
- Experience demonstrating implemented capabilities to customers
- Strong software development skills (C/C++, Java, scripting languages: Python/Perl).
- Experience with source control tools such as “git”
- Experience with working in DevSecOps environment
- Familiarity with networking using PubSub systems, HTTPS, TCP/UDP/IP
- US citizen