Who we are looking for
A proactive Research Scientist who can manage and lead our technology development in a fast-paced, purpose-driven start-up. The ideal candidate is well versed in physics / chemistry theory, understands data science and machine learning concepts and tools, and is able to construct and perform experiments to understand the interaction of particles and light.
In addition to being an excellent Research Scientist, the candidate should work well with others and in team settings. The candidate will collaborate with different functional teams including Product, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Manufacturing, and more. He / She will also have the opportunity for significant leadership and responsibility on the team.
To sum up, if you’re a humble, hardworking, driven individual who’s smart and proactive, engaged in problem-solving, loves the startup scene, and has a growth mindset – we’d love to talk to you!
- Work alongside the Head of Technology to understand and implement novel solutions to improve on particulate sensing technologies
- Design, experiment, and implement sensing concepts
- Work on patents and receive grants on relevant projects
- Design and train machine learning models
- Work alongside many capable and experienced engineers in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software development, and manufacturing
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess and interface with third-party and open-source software
- Bachelor in Physics / Chemistry or in the relevant field
- Proficient in python
- Familiar with the experimental process
- Familiar with data science, machine learning concepts, and applications
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
- Strong communication and leadership skills to work with global teams
- Master in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or in a relevant field
- Experience as a research scientist in the lab
- Fluent in Python
- Leadership on teams and experience in a fast-scaling technology company