The Core Machine Learning research team at Samsung Research America (SRA), part of Samsung’s Visual Display Intelligence Lab, located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated research scientist. We are looking for candidates with expertise in deep learning, computer vision, speech and language understanding.
You will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems. You will also have the opportunity to publish at top-tier conferences in deep learning, computer vision, speech, and language understanding. As a research scientist, you will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment.
· Conduct advanced research for machine learning, computer vision, data mining, and natural language understanding
· Collaborate with other colleagues to apply research results to prototypes and real-world applications
· Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos
· Contribute to the organization’s strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
· Summarize research findings in high-quality papers and make submissions to top-tier conferences
· PhD in Computer Science or related discipline (with focus on Machine Learning)
· A strong publication record in top-tier machine learning conferences and journals
· Experience with ML frameworks such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc
· Technically deep in the principles of building large-scale machine learning systems
· Experience with deep learning and neural networks
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithm design
· Strong fundamentals in applied statistics and probability
· Experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
· Familiar with ML algorithms such as but not limited to Regression, Classification, Clustering, etc.
· Experience with regularization techniques such as but not limited to: Dropout, weight decay, generative pre-training, etc
· Ability to understand recent ML research papers and adapt those models to real world products
· Self-directed, flexible, goal oriented and strong sense of ownership
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and non-technical audiences
· Experience and familiarity with multi-task learning
· Experience and familiarity with natural language generation