RESEARCH SCIENTIST/ANALYST – PARTICLE ENGINEERING in West Lafayette, Indiana
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist/Analyst is an integral part of the Curia team, contributing to our success by being part of the most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators. To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and maintain relationships with customers by demonstrating service that goes above and beyond the ordinary. Having the right people on our team is critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
We are recruiting for a scientific contributor for our West Lafayette, Indiana facility. The main activities of the Research Scientist will be to perform cGMP analyses for particle characterization, including but not limited to particle size by laser light scattering, BET surface area and microscopy.
In this role, you will:
- Provide proficient and timely support for analytical techniques which will include but not limited to laser diffraction particle size, BET surface area analyses and microscopy.
- Support particle size method development and validation activities.
- Accurately follow written procedures and GMP guidelines.
- Maintain assigned instrumentation/equipment per written quality procedures to ensure optimal operation and quality data generation.
- Technically interact with in-house scientific experts and internal clients, as appropriate.
- Be a team player, understanding the need to work collaboratively with colleagues and communicate clearly and accurately.
- Demonstrate flexibility in organizing work and priorities.
- Possess good problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues.
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices according to Curia Environmental Health and Safety policies.
- Routinely improve knowledge and skills in relevant scientific areas by consulting appropriate literature and participating in relevant training.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related science field.
- Minimum 0-5 years relevant laboratory experience
- Ability to utilize scientific software and learn how to interpret analytical data.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and effectively communicate with both team members and internal customers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn other statistical/scientific software, as required.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills, willingness to learn new analytical techniques and attention to detail.
- cGMP pharmaceutical laboratory experience.
- Hands- on experience with analytical instrumentation such as laser diffraction particle size, BET surface area analyses and microscopy.
U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a “Company”) hired after December 7, 2021 must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regards to an individual’s disability or religion or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All interested applicants must apply online. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.