PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients’ businesses.
PARC is a leader in designing new atomization systems for spraying materials viscous materials like peanut butter or creating nanoscale droplets of water. PARC seeks a hands-on intern to work on a number of fundamentally different spray systems to optimize droplet size distribution, throughput, and energy efficiency.
- Perform experiments on sprays from effervescent nozzles, electrospray arrays, and PARC’s proprietary filament extension atomizer
- Characterize particle or droplet sizes via microscopy, light-based or charge-based particle sizers and counters
- Propose improvements to spray systems
- Document and report experimental results
- Master’s/PhD students who have completed at least 2 years of graduate study in Mechanical, Systems, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering, or related fields
- Background in system design, aerosols, or fluid dynamics
- Hands on experience building lab-scale experimental setups
- Experience with supersonic compressive flows a plus
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.