About the job
TalosTech is a Delaware startup company with a focus on innovation and commercialization of advanced battery materials and specialty battery products. The company is conducting battery innovations with multi-million dollars R&D funding, sponsored by DOE, NASA, DOD and Delaware State government. We are looking for a Research Engineer to join the team for specialty battery innovation.
· TalosTech is seeking a highly motivated, creative and handy Research Engineer to join our innovation journey on novel battery technology for aerospace applications. The job scope includes device/process design, material/cell prototype development, process scale up (material synthesis/cell fabrication), performance evaluation and optimization. Candidates must have hands on experience in chemical or material or mechanical engineering. Experience in solid state fuel cells, lithium air batteries and CO2 electrolyzers is preferred.
· Master or Doctor degree in Chemical, Material, or Mechanical Engineering
· Solid knowledge on chemical reactions, material-property relationship, and process engineering
· Experience in device or process design, fabrication, testing, and/or scale up
· Mechanical aptitude with machine shop skills; must be a handy person
· Strong problem-solving skills, self-motivated, result-oriented
· Good writing, reporting and communication skills
· Hands-on experience in solid state fuel cells, lithium air batteries and CO2 electrolyzers
· Hands-on experience in conducting ceramics and solid state batteries
· Hands-on experience in design, fabrication and testing of cell devices operated under high temperature and high pressure
· Experience in writing proposals and applying funds from federal agencies
· TalosTech offers a competitive package of total compensation (salary, medical/dental/vision, PTO, retirement plan, relocation) in the range of $80,000-120,000 per year. The salary is negotiable upon the candidate’s qualifications.