View job on Handshake
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Machine Learning Engineering
Reservoir Labs is a department within Qualcomm Corporate Research and Development based in New York City. We support Qualcomm’s mission making the world a better place one wireless connection at a time, making AI smarter, cars drive better, networks move data faster, and extending reality.
Our engineers and computer scientists work on projects related to high-performance embedded computing and compilers, advanced algorithms, advanced networking, and high-performance data analytics, to support internal and external clients at/of Qualcomm. Our research is at the cutting edge and highly impactful with close relationships with products and customer applications, making it relevant and of high impact.
We are seeking talented Research Engineers to join our team. As a Research Engineer, you will work on a range of projects within small technical teams. You will be closely guided and mentored by one of our experienced researchers, providing you with an unparalleled learning experience. You will have the opportunity to publish your own research papers, and to attend client meetings and academic conferences.
Some examples of projects our Research Engineers have contributed to include:
– Compilers for new AI chips.
– Development of tensor schedulers for speeding machine learning computations
– Polyhedral compiler optimization algorithms
– Cybersecurity behavioral analytics using spectral hypergraph decomposition
– New algorithms for network congestion control and dynamic routing
– Asymptotically faster algorithms for simulation of electromagnetic waves and for sensing using electromagnetic waves
– New approaches to and applications of nonconvex optimization
– New approaches to accelerating inference and learning via algorithm, compiler and hardware innovations.
An ideal candidate will have solid intellectual ability, motivation, and a strong history of achievement. Strong math, programming and engineering skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills, are desired. Serious consideration will be given to candidates with a firm math background, knowledge of advanced algorithms and knowledge of compilers. Passion for Computer Science research and application is a huge plus. Genuine interest in the spectrum of Qualcomm’s 5G, AI and other distributed intelligence projects is key, and the flexibility to move among them is essential.
Location is flexible for on-site or remote.
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and install equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g. standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.