View job on Handshake
Who We Are
Tesseract’s mission is to democratize healthcare delivery to everyone on a global scale. We are reinventing medical devices to leverage the health information in the human eye and championing a new era of healthcare by creating portable, affordable, easy to use, connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring. Tesseract is well-funded and recently raised a series B round of $80M.
We are part of 4Catalyzer – a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. Our 4Catalyzer sister companies include Butterfly Network, the first whole-body Ultrasound-on-ChipTM, and Hyperfine, the first FDA-cleared portable MRI. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence and positive teamwork to solve real-world problems that help improve healthcare for billions of people around the world.
Joining Tesseract is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Join us on this journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Patients First: We are driven to make products that will improve people’s lives.
- Data-Driven: We search for the best solutions: objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale.
- Team-Oriented: We collaborate with and support each other every step of the way.
What You Will Be Doing
As the R&D Technician, you will play a critical role in helping the company achieve its mission of using the eye as a window to health for democratizing healthcare.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop bench-top prototypes of optical imaging systems
- Work with variety of light sources including: lasers, LEDs and others
- Incorporate different detectors like cameras, photodiodes, line-scan sensors and others
- Test performance of optical systems
- Troubleshoot and debug optical systems
- Work closely with senior engineers to understand implementation of designs
- Use opto-mechanical and opto-electronics for prototyping imaging systems
What We Are Looking For
Baseline Skills, Experiences, & Attributes
- Associate degrees or higher, preferably in optics or related field
- Experience working with optical components like lenses, mirrors, gratings, lasers and cameras.
- Strong understanding related to principles of handling optics
- Strong ability to set up and operate optical components and systems
- Strong capability to give attention to detail
- Excellent team player excited and passionate about goals of Tesseract Health
- 5 + years experience with optical and imaging systems
- Strong understanding of software tools for data acquisition, motor control and others