RenewAire is looking for a Research & Development Manager who will execute research and development initiatives to make a positive difference for the planet and provide clean indoor air everywhere. As the R&D Manager you will guide teams in research, testing methodologies, analytics and stay on the cutting edge of Energy Recovery Ventilation and HVACR technology.
The R&D Manager will
- Lead and manage the activities of department members to deliver department services and goals.
- Evaluate, counsel, coach and support the professional performance and development of department members.
- In accordance with the strategic directions collaboratively established with Vice President R&D and in accordance with top management direction, lead cross-departmental teams in the development of new technologies.
- Conduct ERV-, HVAC, and energy exchange-related R&D research and projects.
- As appropriate, conduct or manage smaller-scale research related to materials applications in support of other departments.
- Investigate competitive technologies, and study peer-reviewed research to gain information and develop resources including ideas, materials, methods, processes, and technology.
- Develop or manage development of test plans, execute tests, process data and analyze uncertainty in order to determine next steps, review progress and report out to stakeholders.
- Manage development and execution of experimental investigations to support specific RenewAire Quick Product Development initiatives.
- Manage execution of routine testing services to support specific RenewAire Quick Product Development initiatives.
- Interface with third party development partners, testing and certifying agencies, and external customers.
- Manage the annual department budget process ensuring adequate resources are defined and requested to support established and agreed upon Company and department goals.
- Monitor team metrics and objectives to ensure department goals are met within approved budgets.
- MS Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience preferably in HVAC and energy recovery
- Previous management experience required
- Laboratory experience required
- Familiarity with ASHRAE, ICC, HVI, AHRI, and UL/ETL standards a plus
- Fluency with Design of Experiment methods
- Solid understanding of current research methods, technology and trends
- Project management experience
- Direct experience with data acquisition and measurement of flow, power, temperature, and humidity
- Materials sciences knowledge a plus
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience with programming a plus (for example Python, C++, LabView, DasyLab, etc.)