View job on Handshake
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
Responsible for supporting company commitment to sustainability by researching and experimenting with opportunities to develop products for the pet food industry. Works closely with Quality Assurance and R&D teams to find new uses for seafood byproducts and rest materials.
· Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote Teamwork at all times.
· Collect and test samples.
· Analyze data and conduct in-process monitoring of results.
· Prepare and submit reports as requested.
· Conduct line level problem analyses.
· Assist in refining best management practices for labs including sanitation, chemical handling, and sampling in conjunction with the Westport Team.
· Seek continuous improvement for food safety and quality programs and respond to any non-conformities.
· Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
· Pursuit of a degree in Food or Animal Science related undergraduate/graduate degree.
· Demonstrated understanding of chemistry, food technology, and/ or animal nutrition.
· Must have experience simplifying complex information and presenting to diverse audiences.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.