Job Summary :
The Research Data Analyst will collect, manage and analyze research data for the Beyond the Pill Program at the UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health ZSFG Division in the Department of OBGYN & RS. This position will work as part of a dynamic team conducting contraceptive research, including a multi-year randomized controlled trial (not a clinical trial) of community college students and young adults in California and Texas. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator and Research Director, the Research Data Analyst will plan, implement and oversee data collection and data management for an ongoing longitudinal study. This position will manage and track data collection; maintain and develop research databases in Qualtrics, Salesforce, and Stata; clean, code, and merge data, and perform data checks; analyze study data in Stata; summarize and prepare data for presentation to internal and external audiences; and contribute to reporting study progress in donor reports and the development of scientific presentations and manuscripts.
This position requires at least one year of experience in health or social science research; at least one year of experience using Stata statistical software to clean, code and analyze data; and demonstrated ability to conduct scientific literature reviews, summarize research findings and produce reports. Preferred qualifications include demonstrated expertise in creating and distributing surveys in Qualtrics or similar program; and familiarity with Salesforce.
This position is based at the Mission Bay campus and requires occasional travel to field sites, meetings and conferences in the US. This is a one-year contract appointment, anticipated to end one year from date of hire.
Department Description :
The Bixby Center’s Beyond the Pill Program promotes access and equity in contraceptive health care through innovative research, training and education. Beyond the Pill is a program of UCSF’s Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health within the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences (OB/GYN & RS), SFGH Division.
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences (Ob/Gyn & RS) is a major academic Department in the School of Medicine, engaged in clinical, research, and training activities at the Parnassus, Mt. Zion and San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) campuses, as well as satellite locations throughout the Bay Area, with an annual operating budget of $77.2 million and the new Betty Irene Moore Women’s Hospital at Mission Bay. The OBGYN Department has 102 full-time faculty, 136 other academic appointees, 39 post-doctoral fellows, 20 clinical fellows, 36 residents, 136 voluntary clinical faculty, and 266 staff. The mission of the UCSF Department of OBGYN & Reproductive Sciences is to improve the lives and health of all women through excellence, innovation and leadership in Patient Care, Scientific Discovery, Education, Advocacy. “Leading the way in women’s health.”
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in any area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- At least one year of experience in health or social science research.
- At least 1 year of experience using Stata statistical software to clean, code and analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct scientific literature reviews, summarize research findings and produce reports.
- Working knowledge of research function.
- Working skills in statistical analysis, systems programming, database design and data security measures.
- Working skills in analysis and consultation.
- Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in public health or a related field.
- Valid current U.S. Driver’s license.
- At least 1 year of experience in reproductive health research and/or services.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and distributing surveys in Qualtrics or similar program.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative analyses in Atlas.ti or similar program.