View job on Handshake
Medical Decision Modeling Inc. (MDM) is seeking a talented and ambitious research data analyst to substantially contribute to MDM’s health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) team. Candidates should have a strong interest in performing independent research while also collaborating with a wider team, excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a strong desire to work in a dynamic and growing company. The research data analyst will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, and (depending on the candidate’s work experience) will report to a more senior researcher or directly to the President-CEO. The position can be remote, in-person, or a combination thereof.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
MDM assists global companies in analyzing the health, economic, and humanistic benefits and risks of their medical interventions. The methodologies used for these analyses involve sophisticated quantitative and statistical models. The research data analysts will assist MDM in populating these models with data inputs. These inputs are gathered from a multitude of sources including peer-reviewed scientific literature, grey literature, and emerging sources such as social media databases. Persons in this research data analyst role will have the opportunity to expand their responsibilities to include development of the quantitative models and statistical approaches.
The research data analyst will be responsible for the:
- Structuring and performing searches of peer-reviewed scientific literature (e.g., PubMed), grey literature, and emerging sources such as social media databases
- Evaluating the relevance and quality of such search results
- Extracting relevant data from search results
- Interacting with senior research analysts to incorporate extracted data in their sophisticated quantitative and statistical models
- Communication of search methodologies and results to a wide variety of audiences in both written and oral form
The following qualifications are ideal, but not essential. If you are a highly motivated candidate but lack specific qualifications, we would be glad to discuss your fit for the position.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A self-starter mentality, strong work ethic, and the ability to take high-level direction from management as well as peers
- Strong and demonstratable experience performing independent and team research
- An ability to analyze a data need problem and define a search approach to address the problem
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills with a dedication to meeting client deadlines
- US citizenship is not required for this position
About Medical Decision Modeling Inc. (MDM)
At its core, MDM is committed to successfully developing, analyzing, and communicating scientifically-defensible health, economic, and quality-of-life value messages for our client’s external and internal stakeholders.
Since 1994, MDM has conducted research projects with leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies, as well as university medical research centers. Each of these projects involved the integration, analysis, and presentation of evidence to quantitatively analyze the benefits, risks, and costs of pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, or medical devices. MDM has been involved in product development stages ranging from early analysis (pre-phase I) to international approval/reimbursement decisions and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions. Furthermore, MDM has assisted in the achievement of new indications for previously approved assets. MDM provides a wide range of HEOR services with a focus on health economic modeling, database and statistical analyses, evidence synthesis, and reimbursement dossiers.
Through 2022, MDM’s work has been undertaken to support client’s businesses in 28 countries (Australia, Brazil, Canada [and Quebec, independently], China, Columbia, The Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, England, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, and the US).
MDM incorporated in 1997 (its predecessor, Smolen & Associates, was founded in 1994). The senior research team at MDM averages over 34 years of modeling and health outcomes research experience, and over 14 years of tenure at MDM.
Why Join MDM?
The successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to collaborate with MDM’s multidisciplinary research team on cutting-edge projects with global clients in a growing and continually evolving field. Especially unique to the MDM experience is the ability for the successful candidate to immediately contribute to projects and observe the effects of their work on a global stage.
MDM is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. However, as stated above, MDM is open to the successful candidate working remotely, in-person, or a combination thereof. Even prior to the current epidemic, MDM successfully integrated employees who permanently worked remotely.