Who We Are:
Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering Section of the Electronics Integration and Cyber Technology Department in the Defense and Intelligence Division of Southwest Research Institute. Remote work from Alabama or Ohio is available. You may also work from the Dayton, Ohio office or our Warner Robins, Georgia office.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide technical expertise in research, analysis, and testing of Electronic Warfare Systems, to improve warfighter capabilities utilizing state-of-the-art solutions.
- Contribute to internal research and development efforts to explore cutting edge technology for future DoD applications.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Evaluate developmental and operational test data to determine efficiency and effectiveness of system modifications.
- Develop/Test software modifications that implement new functionality or address deficiencies in legacy EW systems.
- Develop SW to support new operational capabilities for next generation systems.
- Contribute to research activity associated with new electronic warfare capabilities.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Radar System EW training/certification preferred
- 2 years: Demonstrated experience related to embedded software modification and/or test associated with military electronic systems – ideally radar & EW systems
- Software programing experience in C/C++, assembly code
- In addition demonstrated Firmware skills or interest in learning
- Systems Engineering skills including functional analysis, requirements generation, and validation test development
- Demonstrated experience creating technical reports and perform data analysis utilizing Microsoft Office products
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Work assignment is in Warner Robins, Georgia. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.