RESEARCH COMPUTER SCIENTIST – RESEARCH ENGINEER – SR. COMPUTER SCIENTIST – TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards. Remote work from Texas may be a possibility.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve in a software developer role on teams focused on delivering innovative solutions for traffic coordination, big data processing and analysis, computer vision, machine learning, and intelligent decision support systems.
- Participate in or create advanced, internally funded, research and development programs.
- Bring your ideas to life as proof of concept, and secure external funding to integrate it into production systems.
- Design and code, often for complex solutions, products that directly affect the lives and actions of the travelling public.
- Interact with clients, make technical presentations, and participate in industry conferences.
- Share your knowledge with others to continuously advance technology offerings.
- Save lives, reduce emissions, and make the roadways safer.
- We bring together talented people from all backgrounds to help us deliver innovative software solutions in the transportation industry.
- Join a dedicated team of software developers focused on improving transportation.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Undertake tasks working in coordination with the project manager and other team members.
- Guide team members in regard to best practices of multiple programming languages.
- Perform in all phases of the development lifecycle, including requirements definition, software/systems design, implementation, testing, integration, and system support.
- Maintain a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, and debugging software modules.
- Implement code using concepts of user interface design patterns, object oriented design, refactoring, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, concurrency, modeling, and database design.