The Protein Engineering Team is looking for a RA/SRA to join our cross-functional team and contribute to the discovery and development of novel gene editing systems. This role affords the opportunity to hone molecular biology techniques and help develop new assays and methods in a fast-paced environment all while making a broad impact on Arbor’s productivity and portfolio. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the wet laboratory, an appetite for learning a wide variety of topics, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability and self-motivation to work independently.
- Technical Responsibilities
- Perform molecular biology techniques including bacterial transformation and culture, plaque assay
- Perform PCR, DNA mutagenesis, DNA library cloning using standard molecular biology tools
- Help develop and perform assays to characterize and screen novel gene editing systems
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings, contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field with at least 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Highly motivated, driven, and curious with a strong desire to learn new technologies
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Experience with DNA library build or CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems is a plus
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
· Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
· Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learner’s mindset and a willingness to teach others.
· Remarkably Mighty: You’ll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
· Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we’re all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing, and making available to all patients the next generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic diseases.
We seek highly motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.