View job on Handshake
With a high degree of motivation and intellectual curiosity, assist the technical director in coordinating and implementing all aspects of primary research projects conducted in Jordan, the Middle East region, and Africa. As the research associate, you will participate in all research facets: technical proposal preparation, research design, tool preparation, ethical review applications, data analysis, and preparing reports, presentations, and publications. May perform other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and statistical aptitude.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, independent, consistent and reliable, including excellent attendance and punctuality
- Proven ability to be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator
- Ability to effectively, efficiently, and independently work under pressure and to set priorities among multiple competing tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preferred Education and Experience: Degree in Economics, Sociology, Psychology, or a related field
- Coursework in statistics, with a high passing grade, is required
- Facility and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Experience with statistical analysis software, such as SPSS, Stata, or R, is a plus
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards, and excellence of a career at Mindset, headquartered in Jordan, one of the region’s great countries to live and work in. Our benefits package includes health insurance, liberal paid time off, and enrollment in the country’s best Arabic learning programs for non-native speakers. (All work will be in English.) Mindset is also open to remote work arrangements, and these will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Sociology or Psychology, or a related field, with a high passing grade in quantitative analysis/statistics coursework
- Minimum graduation GPA: 3.5
- Writing sample
How to Apply