View job on Handshake
The St. Louis Fed hires several Research Associates each year. Start dates for this search are in the Spring or Summer of 2023.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with, learn, and engage with our reputable economist staff, visiting fellows and scholars. Former St. Louis RAs have continued their careers in other Bank divisions, in PhD programs, and in the private sector. More Information can be found in the RAjobs link below under the success stories tab.
What are the day-to-day activities?
- Perform statistical, econometric, computational and analytical research that economists can use for publication in academic journals.
- Utilize Excel and statistical packages such as Stata, R, Matlab, Julia, Python, and SAS.
- Collect, organize and interpret economic and financial data.
- Review academic journals, market sources and government reports.
- Write short articles or assist economists in developing short articles and presentations on current economic and financial conditions and policy issues.
- Attend to additional assignments, including gathering and organizing survey data and anecdotal information and summarizing economic data for the Beige Book.
- A GPA of 3.5 or above
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, econometrics, or quantitative economics
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics, including coursework in Calculus II, Econometrics, Linear Algebra, and Differential equations
- Previous economic research experience, such as undergraduate research assistant, research-related internship or independent research project.
- All Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receiving a COVID-19 booster when eligible, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
How to Apply
NOTE: Applications will not be considered without all of these materials.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.