View job on Handshake
RESEARCH SCIENTIST, ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT/NMR in West Lafayette, Indiana
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist is an integral part of the Curia team, contributing to our success by being part of the most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators. To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and maintain relationships with customers by demonstrating service that goes above and beyond the ordinary. Having the right people on our team is critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
We are recruiting for a Scientific Contributor for our West Lafayette, Indiana facility. The main activities will be obtaining, interpreting, and report scientific data, consulting with clients, maintaining NMR or other spectroscopic instruments, and training and mentoring other scientists in the Analytical Development group.
In this role, you will:
- Perform routine laboratory testing using various spectroscopic instrumentation according to study design or under the guidance of project leader
- Provide technical support to assigned projects, using robust scientific practices which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Conduct laboratory experiments as part of development and validation of solid-state chemistry analytical methods to support analytical development processes, including preparation of solid-state mixtures and studies of solid-state attributes of materials
- Assist in preparing technical documents
- Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs and company policies and procedures
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- BS or M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science field with 2 – 3 years of experience in industry or academia
- Experience with NMR spectroscopy and other spectroscopic instrumentation such as IR, Raman
- Experience with interpretation of analytical data
- Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn other statistical/scientific software packages, as required
- Good problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues
- Working in cGMP or cGLP laboratory
- Other analytical instrumentation used in the solid state chemistry laboratory such as FT-IR, FT-Raman, PLM, XRPD, DSC, TG, DVS, UV, etc.
- Analytical method development and validation
- Linux OS
U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a “Company”) hired after December 7, 2021 must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regards to an individual’s disability or religion or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All interested applicants must apply online. Curia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.