View job on Handshake
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
Work under the direct supervision of an experienced engineer to support the research, design, construction, and management of new capital building projects located on land and in the waterfront marine environment at our Newport facilities.
· Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
· Use CAD software to create drawn concepts and designs for the production of construction projects.
· Develop spreadsheets and written documents for analysis of capital projects.
· Interpret IBC and pertinent adopted material code requirements into design documents.
· Shop drawing production and/or detailed review of shop drawings prepared by others for inclusion into construction.
· Organize and plan work to produce assignments timely and accurately as requested.
· Conduct product and equipment research and organize research into a presentable form for review by other team members and managers.
· Seek continuous improvement for operational excellence
· Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
· Pursuit of an Engineering or related undergraduate/graduate degree.
· Minimum core curriculum should include: Introduction to Surveying; Statics; Dynamics Mechanics of Materials; Structural Analysis; Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Design; CAD; 3D Modeling;
· Previous construction field or estimating experience is a plus as is any summer cooperative work experience directly related to this position.
· Prior work experience in a professional office environment.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Experience using AutoCAD.
· Experience using 3D Modeling Software (Invertor, fusion or Solidworks)
· Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.