View job on Handshake
RESEARCH ANALYST INTERN (UNDERGRADUATE) – SUMMER 2022
Parnassus Investments is the largest responsible investment mutual fund company in the United States. Based in San Francisco, we seek to build wealth responsibly for long-term investors by investing in businesses with increasingly relevant products or services, sustainable competitive advantages, quality management teams and ethical business practices. We have incorporated rigorous environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into our investment process since our firm’s founding in 1984.
Our firm was named by Morningstar as a top fund company to partner with in the decade ahead and our business growth reflects it. Our team-members are typically long-tenured, sharing in a professional, vibrant culture emphasizing principles, teamwork and continuous learning. Our tight knit collaborative firm has consistently won awards for our great workplace.
Position Summary: The Parnassus Research Analyst Internship is a ten-week summer opportunity for rising seniors. Research Analyst Interns work alongside our full-time investment professionals, researching and analyzing information to evaluate current and potential investment opportunities.
· Conduct an industry deep dive or analyze a thematic topic during the first few weeks of the internship.
· Evaluate the relevancy, competitive advantages, and management team for potential investments
· Perform primary research on companies, which may include communicating with company contacts, customers, suppliers, and competitors
· Collect and analyze financial and industry data and metrics
· Attend meetings with company management teams and sell-side analysts
· Assess companies from an environmental, social and governance (ESG) perspective and develop a 1 page Risk Report
· Communicate your analysis and findings to the Parnassus investment team in the form of oral presentations and written reports
Qualifications: The Research Analyst Intern program targets candidates with exceptional levels of academic and extra-curricular achievement.
· Rising senior (2023 graduation).
· Open to students from all majors; preference to students with accounting, economics, statistics, or business-related course work
· Prior investment banking or finance internship viewed favorably
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills; experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Self-starter with desire to work in a team-oriented environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated interest in financial markets and investing
The position is located in our San Francisco, CA office.
Parnassus Investments is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and will consider all applicants in accordance with this Ordinance.