The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate opening for a Research Analyst with experience or interest in the analysis of cyber matters, cyberspace operations, and the use of information technology systems to support military operations. The analysis includes both Major Acquisition Programs and fielded systems in the Department of Defense. IDA takes great pride in the rigor, quality, and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military Department of Defense officials regarding operational test and evaluation of acquisition programs across all military Services. The position involves analyzing the design, conduct, and results of operational testing to provide independent assessments to the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. These assessments require regular written products to present technical information clearly to a non-specialist audience, and briefings of the material to senior officials. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of such assessments and operational tests is required. Travel is required.
- Candidate must meet one of the following education/experience combinations:
- A Doctoral Degree in a STEM discipline that provides technical knowledge and analytical skills in mathematics, statistics, programming, experimental design, data analysis, and scientific problem solving OR
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a STEM discipline coupled with 10+ years’ experience in research, system design/engineering, system operations, or policy.
- Have an interest in learning fundamentals of cybersecurity, cyber operations, and operational test and evaluation to explore implications of operating in contested cyberspace.
- Travel is required.
- Successful completion of a background check is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required. The ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is desired.