Reporting directly to the Vice President of Research and Development, the Research Analyst will directly support the organization in key projects, both internally across ACORD and externally facing. The candidate enjoys working in a high-pace and high-reward environment that requires strong analytical and communication skills. The ability to conduct detailed research while maintaining a view on the strategic context for multiple projects at the same time will be a key success factor in this dynamic project-driven role. The Analyst must be comfortable with quickly familiarizing themselves on new topics in order to contribute to the project team’s success.
- Take responsibility for research projects from conception to completion, with guidance from managers or project leads, and collaboration with peers. Write recommendations and present findings to management team or clients, if applicable;
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Build financial models and conduct quantitative/qualitative analysis to guide internal and external perspectives;
- Work independently or as a member of a small team to conduct rigorous, fact-based research and analysis;
- Deliver work that meets high standards of quality, accuracy, and relevance;
- Create presentations (e.g. board meeting materials or CEO speeches) and write white papers;
- Abide by ACORD’s code of conduct and all policies and procedures.
- One to two years previous work experience, business analyst or consulting experience a plus (including internships);
- Insurance industry background is a plus;
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Equity exposure a plus.
Education & Essential Skills
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance / accounting, economics or related field;
- Master’s degree preferred with a record of outstanding academic achievement;
- Strong business and financial acumen and curiosity; previous experience in conducting research
- Ability to learn complex concepts such as the understanding of drivers behind a strategic business models;
- Capable with collecting and analyzing financial data and interpreting financial statements;
- Strong, naturally curious, problem-solver (e.g., issue identification, structuring);
- Confident managing very large data sets and performing analysis to distill and draw out insights from large, complex data sources. Ability to communicate business requirements and data needs to technical staff;
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure with exposure to Senior Staff. Experience managing demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and working with limited resources or information;
- Proficient in using business software applications including MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook. MS Visio experience is also a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills.