View job on Handshake
The Community Health Center Network (CHCN), sister organization to the Alameda Health Consortium, is made up of the eight federally qualified community health centers in Alameda County. CHCN functions as the managed care MSO for our health centers, contracting with the Alameda Alliance for Health and Anthem Blue Cross. CHCN currently has 120,000 Medi-Cal managed care members. In order to help our health centers meet their missions of providing the best possible care to their communities, we also provide a broad range of training, technical assistance, quality improvement, information technology, and data analytic services.
Position Title: Report Developer
Reports To: Data Analytics Manager
Classification: Non- Exempt
Status: Regular Full Time
The Report Developer is primarily responsible for developing reports and presentations that support CHCN’s strategic plan. Job duties include importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling healthcare data with the purpose of understanding or making inferences for decision or management purposes. Ability to work projects from start to full completion of project requirements
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Employees may perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with various function teams to develop data reporting that includes charts, graphs or tables.
- Design and develop relational databases/reports for data collection and analysis based on end users’ needs.
- Utilize a variety of applications to generate metrics that support business goals.
- Assist end users with report troubleshooting.
- Provide cross trained support for development and maintenance of dashboard presentations.
HIPAA Designated Access
· “For the purposes of the job duties of this position, the person in this position requires access
only to the following HIPAA protected information data sets”
1. MSO Membership
2. MSO Claims
3. MSO Referral/Auth
4. MSO Capitation
5. Data Warehouse
6. Chart Audit/QI
7. Case Management
- Knowledge of and experience in creating tables, queries, reports with SQL, Crystal Reports ,Tableau, MicroSoft Office, Access 2010 , as data analytics or troubleshooting tools
- Ability to perform simple data manipulation in SQL
- SSIS knowledge for ETL
- Ability to multi-task.
- Solid understanding of clinical databases.
- Functional understanding of health care claim processing databases and data
sets such as ICD-10 and CPT-4.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot data issues.
- Familiar with reporting tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to allow for effective communication at any level
- Self-directed person with the desire to learn
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to reliably and consistently deliver quality work product on target dates.
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an inside environment.
The Community Health Center Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.