Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
The Data & Statistics Function’s mission is to increase utility and ability to leverage financial data through standardization, thoughtful collection design, and increase capacity of the Function to scale operations. You will be part of the Financial Analysis Services Team (FAST) covering Financial and Market Conditions. The FAST team is responsible for performing data analysis, building out and managing analytical products and ongoing stakeholder and respondent management on interpretive reporting topics. FMC provides services focusing on the data quality assurance and analysis of regulatory capital and financial data received from domestic and foreign depository and financial institutions.
Your role as Regulatory Data Analyst:
- Conduct data analysis and visualizations, develop questions that resolve data quality anomalies, and research interpretive inquiries for complex data series, reporters, and data concepts
- Establish and lead dialogue with financial institutions to enhance data quality and controls
- Assess and respond to requests from Board staff on data collection operations and conduct studies on institutions’ reporting practices
- Prepare procedure documents and assist peers on data collections and reporting concepts
- Participate in Function and System workgroups as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a financial, economic, or analytic role
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to identify data and reporting discrepancies
- Familiarity with financial instruments and market conditions, financial statements (income statement and balance sheet), regulatory reporting, and relevant regulatory capital rules (Basel III) and Federal Reserve regulations (Regulation D)
- Ability to provide efficient and accurate verbal and written analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Familiarity with Tableau, SQL, R, Python, SAS or similar technical experience
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to “Protected Individuals” as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and receive a booster shot within 30 days of being eligible to do so, unless the Bank grants an exemption based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.