View job on Handshake
The San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (“Tribe”) is a self-governing nation and as such has established tribal-managed governmental units to enhance and support services on the San Manuel reservation. The San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission (“SMTGC”) is the governmental unit that was created by tribal ordinance as the primary regulator of gaming activities within the Tribe’s jurisdiction. The SMTGC, which includes the Compliance Department, is responsible for maintaining legal and regulatory compliance, ensuring a high level of game integrity, preventing fraud, waste and abuse, and safeguarding Tribal assets, employees and patrons.
The Regulatory Analyst plays an essential function in maintaining a strong and effective regulatory environment within the San Manuel jurisdiction. The incumbent will conduct regulatory research and develop regulations consistent with applicable laws and SMTGC’s long-term strategies.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Research and analyze applicable laws and regulations to create timely deliverables, citing the appropriate authorities with supporting justifications.
2. Maintain the Gaming Commission Regulations to meet all applicable laws, while considering industry practices, and applying a strategic approach to regulatory compliance.
3. Produce research reports, policy statements, briefing materials, official correspondence, and presentations.
4. Provide regulatory assessments and guidance to support day-to-day regulatory issues, new initiatives, and developments.
5. Communicate regulatory changes across the organization with appropriate documentation, sharing the reasoning, addressing concerns, and furthering SMTGC’s regulatory mission.
6. Track, manage, and assist with projects within the SMTGC’s Compliance Department.
7. Maintain library of regulations and related communication.
8. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field is required.
- Three (3) years of regulatory/legal research work experience is required. Paralegal experience is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to evaluate theoretical proposals using legal research to construct a framework for achieving compliance.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal or regulatory documents is required.
- Strong technical writing skills with an attention to detail is required.
- Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in researching, including search strategy and syntax.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!