The Palisades Group, LLC (“Company”), an Austin-based investment firm, is looking for a Reconciliation Analyst to join its growing and dynamic team. As part of the Data & Analytics team, your responsibilities will include managing and enhancing the in-house mortgage loan database, creating performance and investor reports and dashboards, implementing data management protocols and systems, and writing queries to generate ad-hoc reports for research as needed. Analysts must be proficient at manipulating and analyzing large sets of data and have a good knowledge of fixed income mathematics and statistics. This is a small team and any candidate must be a team-player, able and willing to work on cross-over projects, able to pick up complex concepts and communicate effectively to both internal and external constituents. The position will allow the candidate to collaboratively work across the Company’s cross-functional teams (Data Research & Reporting, Trading & Analytics, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Transaction Management, and Collateral Management) and to learn from the firm’s industry leading professionals. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a self-starter, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to work under time sensitive deadlines.
As of December 31, 2021, Palisades manages mortgage, real estate and fixed income assets that amount to over $5.3 billion in notional balance through a combination of discretionary funds and separate accounts for globally recognized asset managers, private equity, family office, bank, broker dealer and insurance companies.
• Reconciliation of monthly loan servicer cash reporting and other loan attributes.
• Coordinates and communicate with data providers to reconcile data in a timely manner.
• Produces monthly cash flow reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
• Identifies data errors and reviews findings with more senior team members.
• Learning and maintaining proprietary mortgage database in Microsoft SQL.
• Develop SQL scripts that improve the efficiency of processes, analysis, and reporting.
• Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of data.
• Running analyses using in house software tools.
• Identifies markets for future development and methods to improve existing products by analyzing technology trends.
• Automation of monthly portfolio performance reconciliations and Data Quality Control.
• Any ad hoc analysis that may be requested.
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge of Excel/VBA.
• Familiarity with SQL is a plus.
• Experience using BI tools and building dynamic reporting dashboard (Tableau, superset, etc.)
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Ability to deal with advanced problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized or specialty situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate program.
Experience: 2-6 years of experience with data analytics.