View job on Handshake
At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
What’s the Recent Graduates Program?
The Recent Graduates Program affords participants developmental experiences at CMS intended to promote possible careers to individuals who have recently graduated within the previous two years from qualifying educational institutions. This one-year paid program is designed to provide an opportunity to those individuals who lack experience to participate in Federal government jobs, enabling them to develop on the job as they establish their career. Successful candidates are placed in a developmental program with the potential to lead to permanent employment at CMS.
About the role:
As a Management and Program Analyst, you will have the opportunity to serve in a trainee capacity performing management and program analysis assignments. Primarily, you can expect to utilize qualitative and quantitative methods for the analysis and evaluation of internal, organizational program, and administrative operations to determine their efficiency and effectiveness. There are many more skills associated with performing the duties of this position!
What you’ll do:
- Perform limited studies, analyze and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of a health care, health regulatory, or human services related programs, or a segment of any program, within CMS.
- Develop routine policies, guidelines, instructions, and procedures for administrative and management requirements.
- Compile data and prepare administrative status reports for review at all levels.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of managerial operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
To be eligible as a Recent Graduate:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than December 7, 2019. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than December 7, 2015.
- Degree requirements must be completed during the Fall 2021 semester and the degree must be conferred by January 15, 2022.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
To see the full list of qualifications and eligibility criteria, click apply to review the job announcement on USAJOBS.
Apply by 12/07/21!