Join the Clean Energy Revolution!
We are looking for two Associate Specialists as part of SCE’s Recent Graduate program. These positions will be in the Analytics Group within the Climate Adaptation & Resiliency Planning organization.
Become a Resource Planning and Environmental Strategy Analyst at Southern California Edison (SCE) and shape our clean energy future. This position will provide analytical support for projects and initiatives that help shape SCE’s corporate strategy, as well as long-term resource and climate adaptation plans. The work will primarily focus on quantitative analyses that support grid planning for decarbonization, climate adaptation, policy decisions, portfolio emissions, and other energy market dynamics. Work will also focus on scenario development in the face of uncertainty driven by exogenous market factors, like climate change and emerging technologies.
This support will influence corporate planning, resource procurement, energy policy, legal proceedings, and future investment strategies. As a Resource Planning and Environmental Strategy Analyst your work will help integrate clean energy, reduce carbon emissions, mitigate climate change risks, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Utilize analytical models and grid planning simulation tools to develop resource portfolios under various future scenarios and forecast the impacts of those portfolios on system pricing, GHG emissions, and other system and market dimensions
- Provide analytical support for SCE’s strategic planning process and projects including performing economic, market sizing and cost-benefit analyses
- Research the cost-effectiveness and potential of new technologies for supply and demand-side energy resources
- Develop climate projections from Global Climate Models (GCMs) and asses the impact of climate change in SCE’s assets, operations and services
- Develop analytical models and methods for a variety of applications, including evaluating energy policies, regulations, climate change impacts, and new business models
- Present to department and division management, section supervision, colleagues and other interested parties
- Must have graduated in the past 36 months or will graduate by December 2021 with an undergraduate or graduate degree in Economics, Environmental Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or other quantitative related fields
- Experience in conducting quantitative analysis
- Typically possesses zero to three years of analytical experience
- Experience with advanced Excel functions such as Pivot Tables, V lookup, Macros and VBA
- Must be proficient in MS office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience developing analytical tools using R and/or Python code
- Experience using ArcGIS tools for geospatial analysis
- Experience with statistical modeling tools such as SAS
- Experience with energy/electric system analysis, or in other applicable fields of analysis
- Shown knowledge of power markets, GHG policies and markets, and related regulatory requirements that govern SCE’s participation in them
- Validated strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices
You Should Know:
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to travel for attending and/or presenting at Industry Conferences as required
- Relocation is not available for this position
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test #8203. Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks
About Southern California Edison:
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.