View job on Handshake
At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
What’s the Recent Graduates Program?
The recent graduate program is for those who have graduated, within the past two years, from a qualifying educational institution or certificate program. The recent graduate program offers career development with training and mentorship.
This one-year paid program is designed to provide an opportunity to those individuals who lack experience to participate in Federal government jobs, enabling them to develop on the job as they establish their career.
A huge perk of this program is that upon successful completion of the one-year program, you are eligible for conversion to a position with a GS-12 full-performance level.
About the role:
As a Management and Program Analyst, you will have the opportunity to serve in a trainee capacity performing management and program analysis assignments. Primarily, you can expect to utilize qualitative and quantitative methods for the analysis and evaluation of internal, organizational program, and administrative operations to determine their efficiency and effectiveness.
$38,503 – $61,227 per year
This is the BASE salary for the position. Final pay will be determined by experience and location.
What you’ll do:
- Perform limited studies, analyze and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of health care, health regulatory, or human services-related programs, or a segment of any program, within CMS.
- Develop routine policies, guidelines, instructions, and procedures for administrative and management requirements.
- Compile data and prepare administrative status reports for review at all levels.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of managerial operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
Where we’re hiring:
This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 8-12 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview. As such, your pay will be based on your home address. Your worksite must be within the United States and you must adhere to all regulations and policies regarding remote work at CMS and in the federal government, including the signing of a remote work agreement.
To be eligible as a Recent Graduate:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than October 15, 2020. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than October 15, 2016.
Degree requirements must be completed during the Fall 2022 semester and the degree must be conferred by January 15, 2023.
Experience we’re looking for:
1) Assisting staff members in analyzing the effectiveness of management or administrative programs, practices, or processes; and 2) Preparing segments of information for inclusion into routine policies, guidelines, instructions, or procedures for administrative or management requirements.
– OR –
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-07 grade level by possessing at least one full year of graduate level education. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended
– OR –
Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one of the following provisions of superior academic achievement:
A grade-point average of “B” (3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9.
A grade-point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all required courses completed in your major field of study, or those required courses in your major completed in the last two years of your undergraduate study.
Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
Membership in a national honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies.
– OR –
Combination of Experience and Education: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements at the GS-07 grade level. The percentage of your total qualifying experience the education must equal to 100% to qualify for this grade.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://go.cms.gov/Careers
Apply by 10/15/22!