View job on Handshake
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
Application Deadline: 09/30/2021
As a Real Estate Summer Analyst – Strategic Projects with Hines, you will assist strategic projects associated with global Hines business needs – ensuring that top priorities of the Strategic Projects team are executed to the highest degree, advancing big ideas that help moves Hines forward. Please note this is not a team that is directly involved with our real estate projects (i.e. Development or Investment Management). This position will report to Senior Director – Strategic Projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with strategic project management.
- Collaborate with the global Hines team on areas of top priority for the Strategic Projects team at the direction of the Senior Director.
- Assist in transforming ideas into actionable movements of innovation across the firm including from Investment Management, Regions, Operations and Central.
- Assist the Strategic Projects team in coordinating with various working groups and Management Committees of the firm, ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables meet expectations.
- Scan for opportunities, create strategic plans, and develop actionable, successful initiatives that could contribute to the overall mandate of the Strategic Projects team.
- Support in the creation of executive reports and communications.
- Assemble documents and executive-level reports as needed, with assistance from Strategic Projects Associate members.
- Help with conceptual and quantitative analysis for strategic projects.
- Perform data-driven research and analyses.
- Collaborate with internal teams and key stakeholders across the firm to support the development of and launch of new initiatives and processes, as appropriate.
- Support the Senior Director in daily, analytical and administrative responsibilities.
Minimum Requirement include:
- Students from any academic discipline will be considered; however, a strong math and quantitative aptitude is required.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Real estate experience is not required, however, an understanding of general finance concepts is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Current Sophomores and Juniors will be considered
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries. Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at approximately $160.9 billion¹, including $81.7 billion in assets under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and $79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of assets for which Hines provides third-party property level services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.