When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
Application Deadline: 09/30/2021
As a Real Estate Summer Analyst – Investment Management with Hines, you will:
- Gain hands-on experience by working with an assigned team specializing in specific functions within the Commercial Real Estate Investment Management process. Team assignments include Fund Management, Capital Markets, Portfolio Management & Finance, Global Investment Strategy, Debt Financing and more.
- Assist with the underwriting of new projects and asset management of operating properties.
- Work on possible assignments such as vetting potential investments, assisting with research on new markets and product types and investigating new business lines.
- Work on Hines’s top-quality assets with daily exposure to highly seasoned real estate professionals.
- Contribute meaningfully to processes and decisions that impact Hines’ world-renowned properties through market research, due diligence, financial analysis, and a range of other responsibilities.
- With guidance from a mentor, interns will highlight their skills and abilities through a capstone project. At the conclusion of the summer, interns will present their project to Investment Management staff and leadership.
- Participate in an education itinerary consisting of lunch & learns and tours with various Hines departments and properties.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Students from any academic discipline will be considered; however, a strong math and quantitative aptitude is required.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Real estate experience is not required, however, an understanding of general finance concepts is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Current Sophomores and Juniors will be considered.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries. Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at approximately $160.9 billion¹, including $81.7 billion in assets under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and $79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of assets for which Hines provides third-party property level services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.