Link Logistics Real Estate – Real Estate Operations Summer Intern
Intern locations: Atlanta, GA
Link Logistics Real Estate (“Link”) is an industrial real estate operating platform owned by Blackstone. Link currently manages a national portfolio of high-quality, well-located industrial assets totaling over 400 million square feet throughout the United States, with approximately $1.5B in the development pipeline. Established by Blackstone in 2019 as a best-in-class logistics real estate operating platform, Link brings customers the highest quality logistics portfolio, operating at the highest standard. The company’s properties are at the center of the modern supply chain, helping its customers move products faster and more efficiently than ever before. Link’s real estate investment business operates a diverse portfolio, including an unsurpassed selection of last-mile facilities in highly sought-after urban infill locations.
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $174B of investor capital under management. The company is one of the world’s largest property owners, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily, and single-family housing, office, hospitality, and retail.
Link is looking for actively enrolled juniors (rising seniors) would be interested in a real estate internship on our Operations team this upcoming summer. Summer interns will have the opportunity to become exposed to several markets and properties across the industrial spectrum and can expect to have close interaction with broader operations team.
The Construction Operations Intern, is responsible for coordinating invoices with contracts, securing back-up documentation as needed and coding invoices into the accounts payable system (Yardi). The intern will support all construction teams nationwide as needed.
· Participate in organizing around special projects including progress tracking and reporting.
· Help to coordinate the preparation of presentations to senior management teams or third parties, as required.
· Perform a variety of analyses, as assigned.
· Develop relationships with both the operations and asset management teams, as well as internal support personnel, to help facilitate a streamlined, efficient operations function.
· Support gathering analyze, interpret, and prepare operational data for reporting in a specified format.
· Responsible for the collection, aggregation, export of data and input into the Yardi database.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement.
· Assist with AP Coding, Work Orders, and Purchase Orders as needed.
You Will Learn
· About industrial real estate and construction
· How to process construction-specific pay applications (AIA)
· Key players and duties of the construction team including project managers, operations managers, and contract admins
· The complete process of securing a new tenant to contracting a project to payment for work
· Current junior (rising senior) undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution
· Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, real estate, economics, mathematics, business, civil engineering, or related field
· Strong interest in commercial real estate asset management and investment (no formal experience required)
· Basic understanding of real estate investment and financing processes including, but not limited to, market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation and capital markets
· Exceptional knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with senior level management will be required
· Working knowledge of Argus
· Minimum 3.0 GPA required
· Must currently be actively enrolled for consideration of internship
Link complies with all federal, state, and local employment and other laws. Link also seeks to ensure the safety and promote the well-being of all our employees. Subject to applicable law, Link requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination status prior to commencement of employment. Applicants and employees can request an accommodation if available under applicable law, including for a disability, medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Direct Link to Apply: