View job on Handshake
This position provides support to the Development Managers and others in the Real Estate Team by preparing management approval packages (MAP) and manage project due diligence and entitlements to meet the strategic needs of the company related to organic growth and redeveloping the existing network of stores. This includes new to industry stores, raze & rebuilds of existing stores, relocation of existing stores, and the acquisition of competitive stores.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with the Real Estate and Operations Teams to execute against the Real Estate Market Plan to validate our real estate strategy including lease terminations, consolidations, renewals, and relocations.
- Works with Real Estate Development Manager and Operations to prepare the Management Approval Package (MAP), which includes preliminary site plans, deal economics, construction estimates, and financial models.
- Manages due diligence, entitlement activities, license applications, escrow closings, meetings with government officials and public hearings. Coordinates with architects, engineers, and consultants. Work closely with Construction Team throughout entitlements to ensure prototypical standards are met.
- Manage documents and key dates in Smartsheets and utilize the reporting tools to manage dates.
- Research potential site acquisition opportunities, including, but not limited to ownership, legal records, zoning, traffic information, permitting regulations, competition intrusion, and comparable sales. Collaborates with development consultants, as well as city, county, and state officials to obtain information about potential or existing sites.
- Actively researches and monitors the growth plans of competitors; maintains a database listing and mapping of those growth plans, both confirmed and/or rumored.
- Shadow Real Estate Development Managers in a training capacity to learn the skills and tasks involved in site selection, contract negotiation, and the development process.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or related field with experience in project management, commercial real estate analysis and market research.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Commercial Real Estate environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System and a strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong knowledge or aptitude to quickly learn, navigate, and use GIS/desktop mapping packages and other real estate software as needed. Includes, Site To Do Business (STDB), Google Earth, Landvision or other GIS Software, various County GIS & Recorder’s department websites, and more.
- Ability to effectively analyze and evaluate information to make decisions, solve problems and achieve goals.
- Strong communication skills to read, listen, understand, and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to process information including gathering, assessing, coding, organizing, auditing, and verifying data.
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to critically review legal documents to reflect negotiated transactions.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires occasional bending, reaching, and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work also requires driving and some light traveling. Work is subject to tight deadlines and interruptions can be stressful.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include long hours (early mornings, late evenings), weekends, and overnights. The position requires automobile travel, and possible air travel, with field work across the Midwest.
Job duties may change with or without advance notice.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.