View job on Handshake
About the Company: Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’) is an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, PUR is focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the United States.
Since its inception in 1998, PUR has completed over $7 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUR has six offices, with over seventy professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $5 billion.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Acquisitions Analyst in our New York City office. The Acquisitions Analyst will support the Acquisitions Team by accurately underwriting prospective multifamily investments in the NY Metro area. This is a transaction-oriented role and comes with the opportunity to participate in deals.
Qualified candidates will possess strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to interface with brokers, property owners and internal executives. This position offers career advancement and is best suited for candidates with long term aspirations of becoming an Investment Officer with sourcing responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and prepare valuations for potential multifamily acquisitions utilizing Microsoft Excel – using our internal models to incorporate market data and property operating history into each valuation
- Research and analyze numerous submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field,” to gain intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in each of the submarkets
- Conduct and coordinate due diligence activities involving the audit of leases and financial operations, analysis of market competitors, synthesis of third-party reports, assessment of physical deficiencies and renovation opportunities
- Prepare and present materials to PUR’s Investment Committee
- Participate in various analytical projects as required in the Investments Department
- Some travel within the NYC-Metro area will be required
- May perform other duties as needed
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience and sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis; experience with multifamily real estate valuations preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, as well as proficiency with MS Word & MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications; excellent writing skills required
- PUR would like to thank you for applying; for efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response
- Local candidates only, no relocation expenses provided