View job on Handshake
To be considered for this position, you must apply on GE Careers: https://ge.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/GE_ExternalSite/job/Niskayuna/GE-Research—2022-Edison-Program-Internship—Technical-Research_R3590273-2
Technical Research Interns are the pipeline for the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). EEDP is an intensive program for those with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence and share in GE’s values.
At GE Research, scientists, engineers and technicians work to provide GE’s businesses and strategic partners with technical innovations for their future generation products, processes and services. This internship opportunity helps students gain valuable hands-on experience and get a critical jump start on a career in industrial research. Assignments are generally for 10-12 weeks over the summer; working side by side with experts in the field, completing challenging technical projects, applying their theoretical knowledge to real-life technical problems, and developing skills in a cutting edge global environment. The program also includes seminars on cross-center technology and soft skills development as well as opportunities for networking and showcasing project accomplishments.
Applicable Majors include:
- Electrical Engineering
- Controls Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and related fields
- Current or upcoming enrollment in a full-time Master’s Degree program at an ABET accredited university
- Minimum GPA 3.0 / 4.0 scale
- Permanent Legal authorization to work in the US. GE
- will only employ those who are permanently legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Candidates must not require work authorization sponsorship now or in the future.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the
- successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Desired Characteristics :
- Exceptional academic performance with research orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, high self-confidence
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, thorough attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change and willingness to be flexible in a global team environment
- Effective presentation and technical communication skills; ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
- Strong dedication to a career in technology and a real passion for engineering
- Demonstrated experience working in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated / enthusiastic leadership and teambuilding skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).