Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
Continuously iterate and improve performance of our state of the art trading systems by:
- Oversee operations for the trading and research platforms and manage portfolios in securities such as equities, equity options, futures, & ETFs
- Work closely with quantitative researchers to better understand portfolio risks and develop systematic strategies for pricing and risk management
- Work with the Risk team to guide portfolio through market stress events
- Help build analytical tools to better understand our trading activities and the market opportunities
- Develop processes around data assimilation and analysis to create insight into the firm’s trading and generate ideas for system improvement
- Analyze low latency market microstructure data to gain insight into how our tactics interact with the market and how to improve them further
- Drive platform innovation and experimentation with emerging hardware and software solutions in order to improve performance and eliminate system bottlenecks
- Drive technology adoption across our networking, market data and FPGA teams, helping to direct and prioritize development work
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to perform data analysis in Python or another quantitative programming environment
- Thrives in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- Displays an ability to manage uncertainty and has strong decision making skills even with sometimes incomplete information
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.