View job on Handshake
Morgan Stanley’s Firm Risk Management (FRM) Division is an exciting and rapidly growing space with career opportunities available in all areas. We believe that a diversity of viewpoints and experiences are critical to our success as a global organization and we are committed to growing and training our staff. We are currently recruiting from a range of backgrounds and encourage those with professional and educational backgrounds outside of Finance or Risk Management to apply. Candidates will be able to select their risk department(s) of interest during the application process. We encourage diverse professionals to apply to these various opportunities.
Roles will be primarily based in Morgan Stanley’s New York offices, with additional locations considered on a case-by-case basis.
Upcoming Informational Events
Opportunities Available – Firm Risk Management Departments
Model Risk Management Department
Model Risk Management is responsible for the Firm’s model risk management framework and independently oversees model risk. As mandated by the Global Model Risk Management Policy, MRM establishes standards for the identification, development, validation and use of models, independently validates and certifies the Firm’s models, and reports and monitors model risk in adherence to the Firm’s risk appetite. Opportunities available across model validation teams, including Wealth Management and Finance/Treasury groups.
Risk Analytics Department
Risk Analytics develops market risk analytics, credit risk analytics, operational risk analytics and scenario analytics models providing quantitative analysis on the Firm’s risk exposures. By developing mathematical and statistical models with risk overlays, Risk Analytics calculates the risks associated with specified sets of financial positions and day-to-day operations. Opportunities are available across all model development teams.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Applicants must have either graduated from a four-year accredited university with a quantitative major such as Math/Physics/Statistics/Econometrics/Engineering/Computer Science, or have military experience
- Strong skills in Communication, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving and Collaboration
- Curious about risk management, financial products, markets, and regulation
- An interest in a fast-paced environment, often balancing multiple high priority deliverables
- Strong attention to detail and ability to provide information in usable formats
- Familiarity with coding languages