We are seeking a diverse set of quantitative interns to join our firm for Summer 2023. We are a highly proactive, collaborative, and nimble firm and our internships reflect those tenets. The work may include working on systematic research involving large data sets on options, stocks, and futures. In this role, the candidate will be designing and testing quantitative algorithms that will have a direct impact on the group’s trading activities and help drive its revenue. Candidates will be working directly with senior researchers and will be able to learn and collaborate with all team members.
GTS is a leading global electronic market maker, powered by combining market expertise with innovative, proprietary technology. As a quantitative trading firm continually building for the future, GTS leverages the latest in artificial intelligence systems and sophisticated pricing models to bring consistency, efficiency, and transparency to today’s financial markets. GTS accounts for 3-5% of daily cash equities volume in the U.S. and trades over 30,000 different instruments globally, including listed and OTC equities, ETFs, futures, commodities, Fixed Income, foreign exchange, and interest rate products. GTS is the largest Designated Market Maker (DMM) at the New York Stock Exchange, responsible for nearly $12 trillion of market capitalization. Our workplace of 200 plus employees welcomes people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we take pride in our diverse workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender or gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status and statuses protected by law. The GTS culture is collaborative and entrepreneurial and welcomes individuals of all kinds.
- B.S./M.S. from a leading university in a quantitative discipline such as math, physics, statistics, computer science or electrical engineering, class of 2024
- Deep understanding and ability in mathematics and statistics
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, or C++
- Strong communication skills: ability to express complex concepts in simple terms
- Learn how to identify, evaluate, and execute trade strategies
- Independently conduct quantitative finance research with a focus on statistical and predictive models
- Gain exposure to pioneering research tactics
- Work closely with traders and software developers to develop, test, and implement trading models
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in a live trading environment
- Conduct statistical analysis, construct quantitative models, and create tools to analyze data for patterns